Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Free shipping at Drugstore.com

I just made an online purchase at drugstore.com (following the link from ShopDiscover to get an extra 10% off using my Discover card!) and I could have sworn the purchase threshold for free shipping was $25. So instead of getting my $15 of goodies, I found some extra stuff that I needed to get to $25. And I'm pretty sure that I saw the shipping fee go from $5.99 to "FREE" in my shopping cart. But then I just looked at the confirmation order sent to me today when it was shipped, and I was charged for shipping! And now, I look and it says that free shipping is for orders of $50+. I wonder if this JUST changed on me, and if I got caught in the transition between when I placed my order and when it shipped/was charged for the items.

Am I crazy? Does anyone remember $25+ free shipping at drugstore.com?


Update: I'm crazy. Aparently the $25 off is for new customers only, and because I put all of the items in my shopping cart before logging in, it assumed I was a new customer. However, I don't remember there being an updated total page after I logged in, although I'm sure there must have been. Customer service has graciously waived the shipping fee as a one-time courtesy because of my mistake. Yeah, drugstore.com! Also, I ordered the products on Monday, and they arrived at my apartment today! Yeah!

No comments: