Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Paying for HBO

Last year, after a series of horrible displays of incompetence by my local cable company (Time Warner, I'm talking about YOU!), I wrote a letter to customer service (the phone reps were extremely unhelpful, and even more incompetent, I'm afraid to say) and they offered me three free months of HBO to compensate me for my poor service. Well, my roommate at the time became hooked and suggested that we renew the HBO subscription after the free period ended, so we've been paying ~$15.00/mo now for about a year. At first I found a few things on the channel that I liked to watch, but now that I am home less and less, I realize that I haven't watched anything on it in a few months.

Are any of you addicted to something on HBO that I need to check out? Between my roommate and I, it's only $7.50 each, so I could probably find enough to watch each month that would be worth that much, right? I don't even know if my new roommate watches the darn channel. I'm kind of too lazy to cancel it, in fear that I might be missing out on some awesome programming, so I need to poll you guys and find out if there's anything I need to watch, or if I should scrap the channel all together.

No comments: