Friday, July 18, 2008

Introduction

I'm a 25 year old chick living in New York City, and when I first started my job in finance (after earning a mechanical engineering degree!), I became interested in making my net worth grow as fast as possible. Who doesn't like to have more money, and so making the most out of my buck, while still enjoying the simple pleasures that money can buy, has become a personal hobby. Over the years I've developed my own tricks and methods of saving and making the most of my money, which I will try to share here. I've been following PF blogs regularly now for almost a month, and I'm feeling left out! I'd like to share my thoughts here in hopes of engaging in a broader discussion on various topics.

Disclosure #1: I don't budget. (Yet.) I keep an eye on how much money I spend, and but I think that budgets are too inflexible for my spontaneous life. I don't want to miss out on life just because it costs money (within reason).

Disclosure #2: I LOVE BARGAINS!!! Yes, I am a bargain shopper, almost to a fault. I love 99 cent stores for everyday things like ziploc baggies, sponges, dust wipes, you get the idea- love love love it! I love sales, coupons, everything- the Sunday paper is my favorite because of all the coupons! I don't buy things I don't need just because they're on sale, but I do use it as an excuse to get what I really want but otherwise might not buy ;) I will proudly discuss my bargain effectiveness on this blog, haha.

Disclosure #3: I love to travel. This year has been enormous in terms of travel expenditures, but I've been to places I've never been before, and have seen a lot of family and old friends. Places visited this year so far have been: Ft. Lauderdale, Boston, Baltimore, Washington D.C., Los Angeles, Seattle, Phoenix, Albuqerque, Portland ME, Las Vegas, Puerto Rico, Harrisburg PA, and later this year I will be in Richmond VA, San Francisco, and back to Las Vegas (maybe twice). Yes, I gamble, but not very much. I've been out of town every weekend for the last 2.5 months with the exception of 1 weekend, and it will continue for another few weeks from this posting (or maybe longer, as my weekends get filled up with more exciting travel!) Thus, plane tickets/ hotels and even rental cars have been my biggest spending category.

Disclosure #4: Sorry guys, if you love PF chicks, this one's taken ;)

My first series of posts will probably come frequently as I word-vomit all of the PF situations I've had recently, hope you don't mind! I appreciate your readership and your comments!

Best,
CB

1 comment:

DINKS said...

Welcome aboard! Definitely interested in seeing whatcha got :) And don't forget to give shout outs to our USAA each and every day! haha...