Thursday, July 24, 2008

Hey, Wait a Minute....

When I recently purchased my IndyMac CD online, the yield was quoted as 4.45% APY. The funds were transferred just a few days later from my checking account at USAA, and just yesterday I received the new-account forms in the mail. The form says that my APY will be 4.15%-- Hey, wait a minute!! That's not right...

I called them up and explained the discrepancy, and after being on hold for almost 20 minutes (to some pretty lame muzak, I might add), they came back and said that they will back-date my interest and honor the 4.45% APY rate. I also made sure to request that they send me a new Certificate of Deposit Certificate (redundant!) that states my rate, since the one I received in the mail says 4.15%, and I don't want to have any problems.

Phone call = $117! Which will be a lot less after taxes, but hey... that's my money!

2 comments:

DINKS said...

You = Awesome! Good job :) and btw, when are you going to tell us what #1HB4BD means?

Is it #1 Horticulture Babe 4 Brooding Doggs? just a guess.

CBonebreak said...

You've got one out of four right :) I'll consider revealing the mystery...