Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Disaster averted

Another almost-rant as far as wedding costs go... one of our bachelorette party attendees has suddenly dropped out, but thankfully she said I could keep her deposit for the limo, as I had just drafted an email to all the other girls about how they would now have to pay more to cover the cost of the girl who dropped out. That would have been a real nightmare, because a lot of the girls are on a VERY tight budget and would be sure to groan, and I had also already collected all of the money, so doing another cash collection would be a real pain. I was afraid that if the girls had to pay more, some of them would recommend scrapping the limo, which is not possible because I paid a 25% nonrefundable deposit!!

Thank goodness she said we can keep the deposit. Phew! That was very generous of her.

Total cost for each participant (myself included): $42 for hotel share (might go up if we split into two groups), $60 for limo, $30-$60 for dinner

No comments: