Friday, August 29, 2008

Inexpensive weekend ahead

*Hopefully* an inexpensive weekend ahead. I'm going up to B's lake house in the Adirondacks, and to save money by avoiding having to stop for dinner, I made a pasta and veggie mix to take on the road with us, along with a fruit salad. Ok, I bought the fruit salad, but it was only $3 and is a delicious combo of mango, melon, grapes, strawberries, and pineapple.

B and I usually take turns paying for gas when he drives us upstate, since it's at least a tank to get up there and back (yeah, I'm looking at a 4-5 hour drive tonight). Through September, Discover Card is offering 5% back on all gas and hotel purchases if you sign up for their free "Get More" program, so that will help with the gas. I am bringing two bottles of wine as a contribution and gift for B's aunt who owns the lake house, and I expect food costs to be minimal, as we cook most of our own meals and the "adults" usually pick up the grocery tab.

Unless it's raining and we hit up a shopping mall or bowling alley, I expect this weekend to be pretty low-cost. No expensive NYC bars to entertain me, just nature :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You got a Pay It Forward award (but are under no obligation to pay it forward) :)

http://livingpaychecktopaycheck.wordpress.com/2008/09/03/my-pay-it-forward-award/