Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Pretty Pedicure!

I've gone all season without sprucing up my nails, so I decided last night that it was time to have them professionally done. No matter how much I buff or how many coats I apply, I just can't achieve the long-lasting sheen that I get from a salon. I premeditated my mani/pedi, because I had to go to the gym in the morning if I wanted to spend all evening after work at the nail salon.

Most salons in NYC offer mani/pedi packages Mon-Wed, I guess those tend to be slower days, so I got both for $20!! YEAH!! Regular price is $8 mani, $17 pedi. I swear that nail services/waxing is the only thing that I can get for less money in the city than at home.

How much do these cost in your city, either alone or in a package?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! I love pedicures! I can get a package spa pedi/mani for about 28-29 (plus tip would be 33-34). I generally budget $37 because it just depends on when I go and what I want done. I guess that's kind of expensive! I should shop around more for better deals!

CBonebreak said...

That's probably not expensive for the area where you live... plus, if you like your salon and you know the ladies scrubbing your feet, it might be worth the extra couple bucks. I find that mani/pedi prices don't vary too much from spa to spa around here, but because there are so many (seriously, at least one on every block), they tend to be on the cheaper side. It makes up for what I overpay for every other service in this city, ha.

DINKS said...

is it bad if i ask for a picture? haha... and my damness you have a lot of money saved up! Congrats!!!! that's some serious financial business you've got going on over there.

MoneyMaus said...

I only get pedis, and I pay $23 for a spa French pedicure, plus $4 tip.

When I had an internship in NYC last summer, I always joked with my friends that the cheapest things in NYC are nails and flowers (esp roses which can be $8-10 per dozen!) - however my Mom and I both had a horrible experience at one of the $20-mani-and-pedi places on separate occasions, so it's made me wary. But yay for cheap nails anyway!

CBonebreak said...

J- I've been saving since I started babysitting when I was 14, so it's been fun to watch it grow :) Stay tuned for a boost when my bonus hits my account later this month and my payraise becomes effective! Unfortunately, I work so much that I don't have much free time to enjoy the money I make :/

CBonebreak said...

Maus-
I read all the horror stories about infections and such from salons that don't sterilize their tools, and yet somehow I think the risk is worth the reward of having beautiful nails, haha... knock on wood!

I wish my boyfriend would take advantage of the cheap flowers!!!