Monday, August 18, 2008

Taking the hit

I just got an email receipt from the limo company for the bachelorette party I threw this weekend, and they are charging me an extra 1/2 hr for being 15 minutes late in getting back to our hotel (they charge to the next highest 1/2 hr).

Mind you, I was in the limo at 1:40am trying to corral everyone back in before it turned into a pumpkin at 2am, but four of the girls were lost in some bar trying to convince some guys to give them their boxers (part of the bachelorette scavenger hunt, but gross, yes). I didn't want to ruin their fun so I didn't grab them by their arms and pull them out, but I hope that extra 15 minutes for them was worth the $54 to me.

The limo company did not warn me of this policy, and driver did not tell me that we would be charged. I just re-read all of my email confirmations, and this policy is not listed anywhere. It does seem appropriate that they should be allowed to charge for time over the contracted length of service, but some transparency only seems fair here.

The bride's college-age sisters are so cash-strapped to begin with that it's a miracle they were willing to pay up for the hotel suite and limo in the first place, so I don't feel good about emailing the whole crew and asking for another $8/piece. I guess I'll just be sucking this one up.

:/

No comments: