Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Wedding Flights

Well, I spoke too soon about not buying any airline tickets for this credit card statement cycle....

I am the MOH in my friend's wedding this fall, which is in Lynchburg VA, and to get there I will have to fly to Richmond, rent a car, and drive the 2.5hrs to Lynchburg. There are closer airports (a small one in Lynchburg, a moderate one in Roanoke), but flights there are from NYC are pretty expensive and usually involve layovers in out-of-the-way cities like Atlanta or Detroit. Given the recent sale at Jet Blue, which flies frequently from NYC to Richmond, I wanted to get some tickets on the cheap!

I purchased my flight to Richmond with JBlu on a Thursday morning for $59 before taxes, I haven't seen fares like that since early 2007! The BF is flying down Friday night for $105 including tax, and we will both have to purchase $105 flights to return on Sunday. Delta has the most flexible flight times for our return, so even though I hate flying small regional jets (motion sickness is a weakness of mine), I'm going to have to deal.

I am thinking about buying the BF's return ticket as a gesture, because he's going out of his way to attend MY friend's wedding, and while they've met several times and like eachother a lot, it's a very long-distance friendship for them. (And they don't email each other every day like she and I do, ha ) I'm happy that he wants to come, but as MOH, I don't even think I will be able to spend that much time with him at the wedding. I think he's coming to make sure I don't spend too much time with the groomsmen at the afterparty...hmmm maybe I shouldn't pay for his ticket after all, ha...

1 comment:

SavingDiva said...

I would just pay for the accomodations and the gift...