Friday, August 8, 2008

Update: Still Blue Over Jet Blue

I lamented yesterday about how Jet Blue recently made a bazillion seats available for reward travel that were not available last month when I booked a flight with my True Blue reward pass. I think it is unfair that Jet Blue is charging me $100 to switch to a newly available reward seat (on a more conveinent flight then the one I was forced to take because it was the only one with a reward seat available at the time), so I wrote them a letter via their online "concern" form (note they do not call it a "complaint" form....) Mind you, I am not trying to make this change because I missed an opportunity to get a particular flight, the opportunity was simply not available when I originally booked my ticket!

Following are some highlights of the response, and of the response to my response:

"As you know, the airline industry is in a very tough position these days, and Crewmembers are held accountable any time they go against company guidelines to make exceptions like those you requested."

and

"Although we strive for the highest level of customer service, that does not always constitute a refund, compensation, or fare adjustment. Because JetBlue is a nonrefundable airline, we must respectfully deny your request to waive our change fees."

along with a bunch of BS about how they value my customer service and pride themselves on being a service-oriented airline.

Seriously, it costs them nothing to let me transfer my REWARD flight pass from one flight to another. I'm being penalized for booking my flight too early, and they tell you to book early to get an award seat! Stupid stupid stupid, and yes, I am letting this put me in a bad mood. This is another reason why I refuse to sign up for an airlines-reward credit card, because it's so difficult to use the darn rewards!

Jet Blue, I am not happy with you.

No comments: