Friday, August 8, 2008

Weekend Trip

A couple weeks ago I mentioned that B has next week off, and I was able to get Monday and Tuesday off, so we're headed out of the city for the weekend.

I wanted to do something fun with our first four-day weekend together that we couldn't normally do on a regular two-day weekend, but I didn't know what, exactly, and B had a rule that he didn't want to bother with flying anywhere this weekend. I initially protested, but now I'm kind of glad because there are storms rolling in and I'm sure we'd have a fun night in the airport or sitting on the tarmac for hours.

We're headed upstate to the Adirondacks where his aunts both have lake houses, but it turns out that he wants to stay with some friends tonight and tomorrow and then head up to Lake Placid on Sunday and stay somewhere, but he's not sure where. Ugh. I just want to park at a lake and read books and watch TV for four days, which is what I initially thought we were doing. Now I have to pack and unpack multiple times, stay with his friends that I don't know, and deal with finding lodging at Lake Placid when we get there. NOT my idea of a relaxing weekend. I'm admittedly a little cranky about Jet Blue pretending to be a service organization while not actually caring, but really I'm just stressed about work and was looking forward to four days away from the desk.

Since this is supposed to be a PF blog and not a PR blog (Personal Rant), I'll just say that aside from gas, hopefully minor food expenses, and maybe lodging on Sunday, this will probably be one of my less expensive travel weekends of the year since I'm not flying anywhere.

Wish me luck.

No comments: