Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Price Adjustments

I got a $95 price adjustment today on the dresses I bought at Banana Republic two weeks ago!! A price adjustment allows you to adjust what you pay for an item if the price is reduced within 14 days of purchase. (The number of days may vary by retailer)

Note this fine print on the back of most major retailers' receipts:

"A one-time price adjustment is available when receipt is presented within 14 days of purchase"

In my situation, I went shopping two weeks ago and bought a few fall dresses on sale at Banana Republic. Today, I stopped by my local BR and noticed that two of the dresses I bought had been reduced in price yet again. I took my receipt to the register, where an associate scanned it and informed me that the total price of the items was now $95 less than what I paid for them two weeks ago, and she credited that amount back to my BR card. The whole transaction took less then three minutes.

I love price adjustments because I don't have to worry about something going on sale right after I buy it- if it goes on sale within two weeks, I can get the benefit of the sale price anyway. The key is to remember to take your receipt back to the store within the designated time frame. Because most major retailers (Gap, Ann Taylor, BR, among many others) have price adjustment policies, it's relatively easy for me to visit the stores frequently enough to remember to check for price adjustments on items I've recently bought. These stores also tend to slash prices frequently in order to make room for changing inventory, so chances are within two weeks, your seasonal item will be on sale and you will be eligible for some kind of refund. You don't have to take the actual items with you, just the receipts.

Happy shopping! (And price adjusting!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I cannot thank lemeridian funding service enough and letting people know how grateful I am for all the assistance that you and your team staff have provided and I look forward to recommending friends and family should they need financial advice or assistance @ 1,9% Rate for Business Loan .Via Contact : . lfdsloans@lemeridianfds.com / lfdsloans@outlook.com. WhatsApp...+ 19893943740. Keep up the great work.
Thanks, Busarakham.